Car insurance companies in UK – Are you aware that they are over millions of car insurance companies in uk that can offer you the best service of your car insurance, while you keep reading on this page you will get the full list of the top 10 car insurance company in uk.
What is Car Insurance?
Car insurance or Vehicle insurance simply means the insurance for cars, trucks, motorcycles, and other road vehicles. Its primary use is to provide financial protection against physical damage or bodily injury resulting from traffic collisions and against liability that could also arise from incidents in a vehicle
Top 10 car insurance companies in UK
1. John Lewis Finance – John Lewis Finance took the top spot among the best car insurance providers in the UK, thanks to its high scores for customer service and complaints handling given by research and rating agency Fairer Finance.
2. LV= Car Insurance – Liverpool Victoria, trading as LV= since May 2017, ranked second due to excellent customer service and policies – including its comprehensive car insurance with unlimited cover for windows, windscreens, sunroofs, and lost keys. Similar to John Lewis Finance, LV= also has a no claim discount.
3. Aviva – Aviva was recognised by Bought by Many as one of the best multi-car providers in the UK as it offers up to a 10% multi-car discount. The discount does not apply to optional extras, but customers can insure up to five vehicles under one policy and must be registered at the same address.
4. Direct Line – Direct Line was commended for its excellent customer service, individual multi-car discount, and comprehensive policies, particularly business car insurance.
5. Saga – Saga made it to the top five as it was deemed one of the best over-50s car insurance providers in the UK, according to Bought by Many.
6. Churchill – Churchill Insurance was deemed as providing one of the best individual multi-car and business car insurance policies in the UK.
7. Tesco – Tesco Bank, a subsidiary of Tesco plc, has been providing banking and insurance products since 1997. It manages over 5.6 million customer accounts and has 2,800 colleagues based in Edinburgh, Glasgow, and Newcastle.
8. Age Co – Similar to Saga, Age Co is also known for providing financial products and services for people over 50. It offers car and home insurance, financial services and funeral plans, and independent living solutions.
9. More Than – Launched in 2001, More Than aims to bring a new approach to the direct insurance and financial services market. It offers motor and van, home, pet, business, life, travel, and breakdown coverage.
10. Admiral – Admiral is a UK-based insurance company that specialises in car insurance. It received an overall rating of 9.0 out of 10 from customer reviews verified by software company Reevoo and gained scores of 9.2 for ease of purchase, 9.0 for clarity of policy information, and 8.8 for value for money.
Having shown you this different types of car insurance company in uk, then below here we shall be showing you the different types of car insurance in other for you to make a wise choice when choosing for one.
Types Of Car Insurance
Below here are the names of the different types of car insurance on can comfortably apply or register in other to have every coverage in your car to claim replacement once is damaged.
- Liability coverage – Liability coverage is required in most US states as a legal requirement to drive a car. Liability insurance may help cover damages for injuries and property damage to others for which you become legally responsible resulting from a covered accident.
2. Collision insurance – Collision insurance may cover damage to your car after an accident involving another vehicle and may help to repair or replace a covered vehicle.
3. Comprehensive insurance – Comprehensive insurance can provide an extra level of coverage in the instance of an accident involving another vehicle. It may help pay for damage to your car due to incidents besides collisions, including vandalism, certain weather events and accidents with animals.
4. Uninsured motorist insurance – Uninsured motorist insurance can protect you and your car against uninsured drivers and hit-and-run accidents. This coverage is often paired with underinsured motorist insurance.
5. Underinsured motorist insurance – Many drivers choose to carry the minimum in liability coverage to save money, but this might not provide enough coverage. Underinsured motorist insurance can protect you in the event of an accident with a driver whose insurance is not enough to cover the costs.
6. Medical payments coverage – Medical costs following an accident can be very expensive. Medical payments coverage can help pay medical costs related to a covered accident, regardless of who is at fault.
7. Personal injury protection insurance – Personal injury protection insurance may cover certain medical expenses and loss of income resulting from a covered accident. Depending on the limits of a policy, personal injury protection could cover as much as 80% of medical and other expenses stemming from a covered accident.
8. Gap insurance – Car value can depreciate quickly, so an auto insurance settlement might not be enough to cover the cost of a loan. Gap insurance may help certain drivers cover the amount owed on a car loan after a total loss or theft.
9. Towing and labor insurance – Available if you already have comprehensive car insurance, towing and labor insurance may reimburse you for a tow and for the labor costs to repair your vehicle.
10. Rental reimbursement insurance – Figuring out how to get around after an accident can be expensive. Rental reimbursement insurance helps pay for a rental car if your vehicle cannot be driven after an accident.
11. Classic car insurance – Classic car insurance provides specialized coverage designed for the unique needs of vintage and classic car collectors. Find out if classic car insurance is right for you.
If you don’t currently have auto insurance, it’s crucial to get coverage as soon as possible. Get a free quote for the types of car insurance listed above so you’re protected from the unexpected.